Each time you download and install some new software you run the risk of creating an unstable environment on your computer. How many times have we switched on our computers to find something is really whacked! Error boxes popping up telling you that your personal settings can’t be found; Settngs suddenly disappeared and you can’t start an application; Missing icons from your desktop; All the data seemingly missing from your Money program…the list goes on and on.
What do I do now?
Most times the fix is a simple and highly successful one…. restore the computer to the exact situation it was in before the problem arose!
This is the magic System Restore fix, so useful and so easy to use!
Here’s how you do it:
- Click on the start button down in the left hand corner of your screen
- Click on ‘All Programs’
- Move your mouse up to ‘Accessories’….then move it over the menu that pops up ’till you reach ‘System Tools’…and in the next menu that comes up….click on ‘System Restore’
- On the Welcome screen that you see next make sure the “Restore my computer to an earlier time’ button is selected, and click Next
- On the calendar that pops up, look back a day or two to a point where you are sure your computer was behaving itself and click on that date, and then on ‘Next’
- A screen comes up telling you that you will not lose any data by doing the restore, and that it is completely reversible should you change your mind later!
- Now click ‘Next’ and let Windows do its magic! Be patient it takes a few minutes…
When your computer starts up again you should be looking at a nice fresh screen exactly the way it was when the computer was doing things exactly the way you wanted them!
Next time you run into one of these hair-raising problems, try this great fix. It has worked wonders for many thousands of others just like you!